As the process of obtaining a patent can be complex and time-consuming, it is not uncommon for scammers to take advantage of unsuspecting entrepreneurs by offering fraudulent services or making false promises. Here are some common patent-related scams to watch out for:
1. Patent promotion scams: These types of scams typically involve companies or individuals who offer to help entrepreneurs obtain patents for their inventions for an upfront fee. However, these companies often provide little or no actual service, and the patents they obtain are often of little value.
2. Patent search scams: Some scammers may offer to conduct a patent search for a fee, but instead of providing a thorough search, they may simply provide a list of existing patents that are not relevant to the entrepreneur's invention.
3. Patent infringement scams: These scams involve companies or individuals who falsely claim that an entrepreneur's invention is infringing on a patent they own. They may then threaten legal action unless the entrepreneur pays a fee to license the patent.
4. Patent licensing scams: These types of scams involve companies or individuals who offer to help entrepreneurs license their patents to others for a fee, but they often do not follow through with their promises and the entrepreneurs do not see any return on their investment.
5. Patent evaluation scams: Some scammers may offer to evaluate an entrepreneur's invention and tell them if it is patentable for a fee, but they often provide false or misleading information, and the entrepreneur might end up wasting money and time on a patent that will not be granted.
It's important to be aware of these types of scams and to do your due diligence before working with any company or individual who claims to be able to help you obtain a patent. Be skeptical of any company or individual who guarantees that they can obtain a patent for your invention, demands upfront fees, or pressure you to sign a contract without first thoroughly reviewing it.
To summarize, patent-related scams can be costly and time-consuming for entrepreneurs. It's important to be aware of these common scams and to do your due diligence before working with any company or individual who claims to be able to help you obtain a patent. It's advisable to consult with a reputable patent agent or attorney to ensure that your intellectual property is protected.
Providing intellectual property services tailored to startups, entrepreneurs, and innovative companies is what we do.
+ Drafting & prosecuting patent applications
+ Patent more, pay less | Low-cost fixed-fee bootstrap model
+ Create an In-house patent creation capability
+ Company-wide IP program
+ Patent strategy that is connected with business development
+ Embedding with innovation & technical teams
+ Facilitated workshops for idea & invention capture
+ Identify competitive advantage opportunities through patent & macro trend landscapes
+ Mentoring & collaborating with your technical talent to create IP
+ On-call to discuss innovation & inventing for free
Replace your current by-the-hour-law-model with a predictable flat-fee-for-service model.
Schedule Time To Discuss Your Needs
Follow on LinkedIn.com/Company/Gr8BigIdeas/
#bootstrap #patents #patentengineering #startups #entrepreneurship #entrepreneurs #breakthrough #intellectualproperty #corporateinnovation #innovation #productdevelopment